The Cane Hill Cemetery sits atop a hill overlooking Cane Hill. The oldest graves date to the 1830s.
The entrance is marked but two stone piers and a metal archway with a sign for “Cane Hill Cemetery”
The earliest graves in the cemetery, some dating to the mid-1830, were marked by ordinary field stones with inscriptions scratched in the rock. Other early graves consist of a stone box standing over the grave with an inscription on the lid of the box. Among the earliest graves in the cemetery are those of Thomas Garvin (1834) and Thomas Buchanan (18361), both pioneers of the Cane Hill community. Cane Hill Cemetery also contains several Civil War-era burials.
The cemetery was listed in National Register of Historic Places in 1982. The cemetery is maintained by the non-profit Cane Hill Cemetery group.