Originally this lot was the location of the 1870 Mann Hotel. The hotel was a large 2.5 story wood frame structure with 20+ rooms. Traveling salesmen would frequent the lobby for residents to see their wares. The hotel was moved one lot to the west (behind the bank building) in 1907 and the Bank of Cane Hill was constructed. The building was one-and-a-half stories tall, constructed of native sandstone. The bank had a chamfered corner entry (oriented at a 45-degree angle to Hwy 45 and Spring Street, now Patterson Road). The upper story had pressed tin with a decorative metal cornice and finials. The lower story had a wood and glass storefront. It was the third commercial 1+ story building in this downtown area (Edmiston Gen Mdse – 1902 and A. R. Carroll Drugstore – 1900).
The Bank of Cane Hill was purchased by The Bank of Lincoln in 1926 and Cane Hill location 1927. In the 1960s the building was heavily altered. The top story, as well as the glass and pressed tin facade, were removed. Though, the exterior rock wall on the north and west sides of the building still exists. The store became Jenkins Grocery Store, run by Charles and Marie Jenkins, which is how many people remember the location today. The building now serves as Historic Cane Hill’s shop. Original materials from the Bank of Cane Hill are on exhibit in the Cane Hill Museum.