The A. R. Carroll Drugstore was built in 1900 and was the earliest of three one-plus story rock commercial buildings that once sat in downtown Cane Hill. It is the only remaining of the three similar styled Victorian structures.
The walls are constructed from locally quarried sandstone and the front facade has a pressed tin, wood, and glass commercial style storefront. The pressed tin resembles stone blocks and includes Victorian shell and garland designs. Construction was financed by A. R. Carroll for his drugstore on the first floor and by the Freemasons for their Masonic lodge on the top floor. The building housed the Post Office before the 1940s, when it was moved next door to the Yates Grocery Store. The interior floor plan is open, like a traditional commercial space.
A series of additions were made in the 1980s and 1990s and by 2013 when Historic Cane Hill purchased the property, the building was in severe disrepair. The building was rehabilitated and key features were restored and rebuilt, including the grapevine mortar, the wood storefront and bracket awning. The A.R. Carroll Drugstore building is now home to the Museum Gallery, which hosts art and historic exhibitions.