We invite high school-aged students to apply for the 5th Annual Arkansas High School Artists Competition and Exhibition sponsored by Historic Cane Hill, Inc. in partnership with the University of Arkansas School of Art. The exhibition and competition are open to any Arkansas high school student currently in the 10th-12th grade.
The Grand Prize, granted to an Arkansas high school senior, is the Historic Cane Hill Young Artist Scholarship, a one-year tuition and fees scholarship to attend the University of Arkansas School of Art for the 2024-2025 academic year valued at $10,000! Additional awards may be granted as well.
Students can apply through the UA School of Art’s uarkart.slideroom.com site and see a digital copy of the prospectus through the following links:
The deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Sunday, October 15th. There is no fee to apply!
A jury selected from arts organizations across the state will review the works submitted for consideration, culminating in a virtual exhibition and an in-person reception ceremony for the artists, educators, their families, and friends to take place on Saturday, November 18th at 2pm at Historic Cane Hill. This is a great opportunity for our young Arkansas artists to showcase their work, talent, and determination to create, despite all obstacles.
- Sunday, October 15 (11:59 pm) Deadline for receipt of entry forms and images
- Friday, October 20 Notification of acceptance begins
- Saturday, November 4 Deadline for delivery of artwork to Cane Hill
- Saturday, November 18 Exhibition opens to the public
- Saturday, November 18 (2:00 pm) Artist’s reception in the gallery
- Saturday, January 20, 2024 Exhibition closes
- Monday, January 22, 2024 Return of artwork begins
- Saturday, February 3, 2024 Deadline for pick-up of artwork